fannullone
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

do280-4.12 guided exercise "Openshift Templates" step 3.2 Error

Jump to solution

Steps 3.2 can not work because it is attempting to create the mysql app in the packaged-templates namespace while the template is in the openshift namespace.

The correct procedure would be to copy the template from the openshift namespace to the packaged-templates namespace before.

This is the error:
[student@workstation ~]$ oc process -p MYSQL_USER=user1 -p MYSQL_PASSWORD=mypasswd mysql-persistent
error: template "mysql-persistent" could not be found

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Natalie_Lind
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi there! The instructions in Step 3.2 use the `oc new-app` command, which has access to the templates in the openshift namespace, whereas `oc process` does not. To see the templates and image streams available to a namespace, you can execute the `oc new-app --list` command. When this command is executed in my DO280 4.12 lab environment in the `packaged-templates` namespace, I am able to see multiple templates, including the `mysql-persistent` template.

Natalie Watkins
Manager - Technical Training, OpenShift Platforms
Product & Technical Learning

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Natalie_Lind
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi there! The instructions in Step 3.2 use the `oc new-app` command, which has access to the templates in the openshift namespace, whereas `oc process` does not. To see the templates and image streams available to a namespace, you can execute the `oc new-app --list` command. When this command is executed in my DO280 4.12 lab environment in the `packaged-templates` namespace, I am able to see multiple templates, including the `mysql-persistent` template.

Natalie Watkins
Manager - Technical Training, OpenShift Platforms
Product & Technical Learning
fannullone
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Indeed 'oc new app' can access templates in openshift namespace
while 'oc process' can not.
I think this is confusing and not consistent behavior.

But that is the correct solution, so thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.