cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 213K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
mendoza1
Cadet
Cadet

My download speed in the compatibility test says it is too slow.  I have a 2.8Mbps download connection speed (as measured by speedtest.net)  and I know from looking at my router IP traffic that I am the only one using my home network and registering at 2.8Mbps during the network test. Why is it still saying the download speed is too slow ?

shefeeqyr

Hi,

2.8 Mbps from Speedtest.net sounds a bit unpredictable to me. Usually, speedtest picks a nearest server to test bandwidth and hence realtime results can be quite different. The download/upload test of our compatibility test looks at the speed to access Red Hat servers and hence it will be different based on distance, time of testing etc.

You can try conducting a few more iterations of this test at different times of the day to see if the failure is consistent.

Regards,

Shefeeq

0 Kudos

Tengo el mismo problema. estoy conectado por cable y He realizado el test de velocidad con Google test, y me marca que mi velocidad de descarga es e 42mbs. Que pasa ? Algún ayuda ?
0 Kudos
mendoza1
Cadet
Cadet

Is the remote exam environment the same as the lab environment in the online course?  In essenece do I open a workstation window and then get a terminal?  What exactly is being download during the exam.  Are they big files  (like in the Gigabytes) ?

shefeeqyr

Hello @mendoza1,

The Remote Exam image (ISO) is not the same as your lab environment. You will be downloading an ISO that has to be written to a USB drive and that will make your USB drive a bootable device hosting an operating system. This operating system will be a highly secured, restricted spin off based on Fedora Workstation 32. The size of the ISO file will change with each revision and hence be sure to download the latest version posted in the document attached to this resource in RHLC. As of now, the size is about 1.2 GB.

You would boot to that operating system (Live USB) and login to the exam proctoring portal. You will have access to one full screen window from your laptop/desktop and the exam environment will be cloud-based.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards,

Shefeeq

0 Kudos

Can we take exam just with external webcam ? I have laptop which has IR camera + normal integrated camera and when i attach external webcam than proctor was not able to see me via webcam.  He can see only 2 camera's out of 3.

I had raise ticket but i did not got the clear response whether issue is been resolved or not. Is there a way to check and confirm that issue has been resolved.

JS_Learning

Hi @Abhay-Jhaveri ,

As per the "Getting Ready" document for the remote exam:

https://learn.redhat.com/t5/Certification-Resources/Getting-Ready-for-your-Red-Hat-Remote-Exam/ba-p/... 

Webcam: One external webcam with at least a 1m cable.

The answer is clear, yes you can take exam with 1 external webcam.

As for your ticket questions, the best is you follow up on the ticket you raised, and ask for the clarifications you need.

harjitsachar
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi,

EX407V27K still does not show the remote option , despite it being listed in the "Ways to test" page. Can this be checked.

Regards,

Harjit Sachar

PraveenMishra
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi,

I just have one question if anyone can answer, please do. Is it mendatory or optional to enter a certification ID while scheduling your exam? On exam scheduler page, there are two options, one for phone number and other for certification ID. I have a certification ID, should I enter it or should I not. will it change anything if I don't?

0 Kudos
JS_Learning

Hi @PraveenMishra 

In fact if you put the certificate ID and you pass the exam, the certificate will be added to that exam ID, let's say the ID is 1234.

The next time you pass a certificate and you specified ID 1234, that certificate will also be added to that ID.

It's used for example when you verify a certified professional:

https://rhtapps.redhat.com/verify/?certId= 

You would type that ID 1234, that will show the 2 exams.

If you don't specify an exam ID, a  new one will be generated, say 5678. You pass the new exam, it will be associated to 5678.

It's possible to ask support to attach that new certifcate to the same certificate ID, by contacting the support team:

https://rhtapps.redhat.com/comments/ 

That way, when you use the verify a professional link, you will see all at once. Having said that it's much easier to remember to put the same certificate ID!

Cheers,

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.