cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 211K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
davman
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I believe from 1 October the ex200 can contain the manage container content added to the courses.

0 Kudos
davman
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I believe from 1 October the ex200 can contain the manage container content added to the courses.

0 Kudos
Undive
Cadet
Cadet

October 5th. My ticket has been eventually closed.

It'd have been very kind to be notified by mail the changes in the objectives if you happen to be one of those who book an exam the first month after publishing new objectives. May be next time.

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @Undive ,

As @davman has pointed out, All RHCSA RHEL8 exams scheduled from October onwards will include container content. The exam duration has also been increased from 2.5 hours to 3 hours to accommodate additional content. These changes were announced a few weeks ago - https://www.redhat.com/en/blog/level-your-red-hat-enterprise-linux-skills-containers

Regards,

0 Kudos
Uzoma
Cadet
Cadet

Good Afternoon,

I am schedualed to take the remote EX200k exam. It is my understanding that it is a 20 question test that is worth a total of 300 points. How many questions do you have to get correct out of the 20 to pass? 

0 Kudos
davman
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Not test questions, are practical exercises to pass 210 points over the 300 if i'm not wrong.

vishals

Hi @Uzoma ,

RedHat does not specify the weightage for each exam task and the weightage may not be equal for all tasks. You will need to score 210 (70%) out of 300 to earn the certification.

Good luck with your exam!

Best Regards,

Uzoma
Cadet
Cadet

Ok. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Michael1
Cadet
Cadet

I have an exam tomorrow, I found that I didn’t have enough USB ports to connect everything I needed to my laptop. Can I use a docking station that connects to a computer with type-c and has 6 USB ports and hdmi for connecting a monitor?

Another question, can i use wired mouse with the lid open? Setup: external camera, mouse, laptop. Or if i want to use external mouse the lid should be close so i need the external keyboard and the monitor as well? 

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @Michael1 ,

Yes, A docking station can be used for the remote exam as long as only the essential devices are connected.
If you are using an external monitor, you will be required to close the laptop lid down and use a wired external keyboard and mouse.

Hope that helps.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.