cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 211K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies

One more question, media (1).jpgclock (1).jpg

I have issues with clock and not able to reach "media servers". 

Time is set for my timezone, so does anybody knows why this is not passing? 

Also, the media servers, are these important for the exam...? 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @igmarkovic ,

I could not replicate the reported time error at all. (I tried choosing my time zone, a different timezone, different time and date settings in BIOS). I suspect it could be because the local network blocks access to the RH NTP server or blocks the NTP port but I have not been able to test further. I shall report to the devs to take a look. In any case, this should not cause problems in your exam.

On the media check error, the connection to Media Servers is the connection for sharing the video and audio and its failure will deny the proctors to your video/audio feeds.
In your case, it looks like it failed because the web camera is not connected (Or is not detected by the remote exam image). Did this setup pass the camera/mic tests? Please test them again and let us know.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi @Gineesh ,

I do not think there is a notification system in place. I will try posting it here once I am informed of the new release.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Gineesh
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Great !

Thanks Vishals. appreciated that.

*Gineesh*
linkedin.com/in/gineesh
0 Kudos

Hi @vishals,

Thanks for your answer, it seems that the firewall has blocked both things in the office, so anyway I did not wanted to complicate further, I`ve desided to take it on my home, where all the tests passed successfully. 

Best Regards.

0 Kudos
Dany
Cadet
Cadet

Hello, same error here "error 36 Rebuild USB drive". Did you fix it?

0 Kudos
ndce061
Cadet
Cadet

Anyone tried to use Macbook Air M1 2020 (macOS Big sur 11.x) - I'm able to create bootable live USB but I don't see any option to select external boot image on boot screen. 

Am I missing anything here? 

0 Kudos
seandrethegiant
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

You wont be able to use any macbook with the T2 security chip.
0 Kudos
Stegarescu
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

HI!

There is somebody who RedHat had to cancel the exam today?
Today I had to take the EX447V35K exam but the exam was not delivered because RedHat had some technical problems(they noticed me at 1 am by email).
Now I try to reschedule the exam,  but they did not reactivate it for my account and at my emails, I do not have yet a clear response from RedHat support.

0 Kudos
vishals

Hi,

I do not have the details of exam cancellations yesterday. However, if you were notified of a cancellation, there should have been a follow-up email (in less than 24 hours) informing you that the exam eligibility has been restored back to your account and can be scheduled again.

I'll ask around internally to check if your exam has been restored.

BR,

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.