cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 213K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,308 Replies
Rilindo
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Can you describe what happens when you boot the exam image? Is it a blank screen or do you see some activity on the screen? If you do see some activity, what were the messages?

Finally, can you provide the hardware specs of the laptop/desktops you are booting the image from?

0 Kudos
cmattern
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thanks for asking! I ended up talking to a really nice person in Support who was willing to look at a video of what was going wrong and help me understand that I was running into a collision with Secure Boot on my laptop which I had skimmed over in the prep documentation <SHAME> once I took care of that I was fine. 

0 Kudos
cmattern
Flight Engineer

FWIW I pulled a third copy of the ISO based on the "Getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam" doc (tr-remote-exams-preparation-ebook-f27382-202103-en_2.pdf) just in case and its sha256sum is the same. In a mad scientist moment I added the legacy boot flag to partition 1 and then 2, still no joy.

0 Kudos
cmattern
Flight Engineer

I have a ticket open now and when we get this resolved I'll loop back here and share how we resolved the issue in case anyone else bumps into it.

0 Kudos
rozhdestvenskiy
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I got another quick question: can I acess gnu.org during the exam? I'm asking because even in --help or man pages the explanation of some command options is more compressed compared to gnu.org. I just want to clarify if it's allowed or not? Or maybe there is another allowed dedicated resource you can search for the needed info? Thanks.

0 Kudos
cmattern
Flight Engineer

You can only use what's in the test environment.  It's all in there, perhaps a bit terse at times, but it is in there. I suspect part of the reason, beyond exam integrity, is showing that we know how to use the tools in the OS.

0 Kudos
yajith
Cadet
Cadet

Hello,

Few questions about the name on the Red Hat account vs. the Govt. issued IDs. My full name happen to be bit long so I always use just a part of it in most places possible.

Since there is an ID verification at the exam, I have updated my name on the Red Hat account to have the full name.

1. Exam scheduler Red Hat Exam Scheduler is still showing the short name. Does this mean I need to wait or get a support case logged to have it fixed before I can schedule an exam ?

2. Is it not possible anymore to use a "preferred name" instead of the actual full name on things like the certs?

0 Kudos
yajith
Cadet
Cadet

Looks like name change is reflected on the exam scheduler automatically after a delay, I just needed to wait

I have a scheduled exam tomorrow . I spoke to support last time, and they gave me an older ISO (https://static.redhat.com/downloads/training-certification/rhrexboot-2020-08.iso) for running on Macbook Air 2015. While that ISO boots, it fails to connect to the network which is a very essential requirement.  is there any way this can be fixed? 

0 Kudos
Mostafa1
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

This happened to me and it was fixed after waiting for some time.
Best thing to do is to contact Support to tell them the issue and
reschedule the exam yourself if it is more than 24 hours. If less, ask the
remote exam support to reschedule it for you till the issue is resolved.
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.