cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 227K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,323 Replies
Sandybrar
Cadet
Cadet

Thank you

0 Kudos
CTM
Cadet
Cadet

how to get ready for the online exam?

0 Kudos
VVignesh6
Cadet
Cadet

fedora.PNG

Fedora Media Writer application is not working. can I use any  othere app like rufus to burn the ISO to USB
https://getfedora.org/en/workstation/download/

PetrCihlar

Hi VVignesh6
Yes, of course, you can use any other application. There is a ton of them, just google "ISO to USB". Rufus is one of them.
By the way, I am not aware of Fedora Media Writer being broken. Better check and fix your Windows installation.
Regards
Petr Cihlar

Petr Cihlar
VVignesh6
Cadet
Cadet

Thank you for the clarification. I will check and fix the Windows installation on my laptop, or I will use another ISO to USB application.

PetrCihlar

Make sure your Windows is 64bits. It looks to me you are running 32bits version and I am not sure Fedora Media Writer is supported there

Petr Cihlar
0 Kudos
Punyabrata
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Team 

I'm preparing my laptop for remote exam , but having issues , first of all the fedora media write recommended in the PDF does not work ! The Fedora Media Writer simply shuts down when it is requested to burn USB Drivr with the ISO file downloaded for exam purpose from Redhay. So I had used a different software rufus.exe to burn the USB disk with Red Hat supplied boot ISO image . This time the ISO is burnt and image is wriiten to USB flash drive. But when I edit BIOS settings and choose to boot from USB - the BIOS is not able to load the OS Image from USB Drive , and it defaults to next option which is Windows , and boots the Laptop with Windows . 

Can anyone suggest what steps should be taken to resolve these issues ? There are two issues here that I have reported - you will notice in the para above. 

Please suggest on urgent basis . 

Thanks.

PetrCihlar

Hi
You have 2 unrelated issues. Fedora Media Writer works. There is something wrong with your probably Windows. It is ok to use RUFUS. The USB stick does not boot probably because the Secure Boot is Enabled in your BIOS. Make sure with your local IT you can disable it. Then it should start booting. 
Regards

Petr Cihlar
0 Kudos
Punyabrata
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I made some progress - now my laptop is taking boot precedence to rhrexboot.iso file but I get a boot failure , accompanied by kernel panick !! attached a screen shot here - if anyone can help ;

booting errorbooting error

PetrCihlar

Hi,
Try booting the ISO in Legacy mode, if you booted in UEFI
Try booting the ISO in UEFI mode, if you booted in Legacy
Make sure your laptop has 8 GB RAM or more
Make sure to unplug all other unnecessary USB devices and memory media
Let me know if it works. If not, report your laptop model to the RedHat support
Regards

Petr Cihlar
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.