cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 227K Views

Questions about getting ready for your Red Hat remote exam?

This thread is dedicated to connect you with Red Hat subject matter experts who can help answer your questions regarding Red Hat remote exams. Please see the following resources for Red Hat Remote Exams below:

For questions on scheduling or redeeming your exams,  please use the Red Hat Certification team comment form here. 

**Our subject matters experts in the Red Hat Learning Community will not be assisting with tasks related to scheduling exams. 

Deanna L
--
Deanna
Labels (3)
1,323 Replies
Punyabrata
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hello 

I have tried both options , but none of them works unfortunately - for both options the boot process hangs with kernel panic ; So I reported the case to Exam support , and provided them all details . Now the Support Tells me that my Brand of Laptop (IdeaPad 330) can cause compatibility issues with the Exam ISO !! 

This isn't expected at all - so I have asked fthem for a list of Brand of Computers that your Exam ISO is compatible with ? What happens if I purchase a new Laptop (from another brand) and run into the same issues ? I hope someone from support answers that question before closing the ticket ;

Regards,

Punyabrata Roy

PetrCihlar

Hi Punyabrata
Can you boot live Fedora 37 on the computer?
Did you ask your vendor about the laptop's compatibility with Fedora, if you want to boot it?
I would not expect newer computers to be much compatible. Luckily, many older cheap devices work just fine and it is not difficult to get or borrow them for the exam.

Petr Cihlar
Punyabrata
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Petr

As per Red Hat Support - my laptop model is configured only for windows 10 , and does not cater to Linux variants , 

https://www.lenovo.com/il/en/laptops/ideapad/300-series/IdeaPad-330-15-Intel/p/88IP3000996?orgRef=ht...

In any case I got to get new hardware - either on loan or a new one . 

thanks 

Punyabrata Roy

PetrCihlar

Thanks. Do not invest too much. The computer for the exam can be anything with 64bits CPU. So it may be even very old computer. It just needs 8 GB of RAM. Some corporate model like Dell Latitude or Lenovo shoudl work. Or some older desktop computer. Avoid gaming computers with NVIDIA video card. Or borrow something. The computer does not need to be strong, it serves as a terminal. No computing power is needed for the exam. Good luck!

Petr Cihlar
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have two questions regarding the setup:

1 - Can we use a wired headset during the exam?

2 - Can we use the builtin SD card reader to burn and boot exam environment?

Regards,

Emerson.

PetrCihlar

Hi,
those questions should be asked on the support chat, they will be answered easily there
https://red.ht/remote-exam-chat 

In emergency, a wired (USB) headset can be used. Headset (unlike headphones) features a microphone, which is mandatory to run the exam. As speakers are not needed and wearing headset in the head is not allowed, you can use headset as a mic leaving it on the desk surface, if necessary. The final yes/no belongs to the proctor

Regards

Petr Cihlar

My exam is not starting, also informed over call. Please help

PetrCihlar

In such cases, open the link
https://red.ht/remote-exam-chat 
and inform the support. They will inform the proctors or even possibly help you to overcome the problem. They can also check on the exam time and verify your login information.
Regards

Petr Cihlar
sh0305
Cadet
Cadet

Hi,

is it possible to use a regular PC (ATX case) on the exam? 

0 Kudos
PetrCihlar

yes, you do not need to have laptop or internal webcam, so any desktop PC case like you say ATX is allowed. The proctors will ask you to show the cables connected over your external camera, so count on this. Good luck on the exam

Petr Cihlar
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.