Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaushal
Cadet
Cadet

RHCE on RHEL 9.0

Hi,

Any date planned for RHCE https://www.redhat.com/en/services/certification/rhce. to be available on RHEL 9 https://developers.redhat.com/articles/2022/05/18/whats-new-red-hat-enterprise-linux-9 ?

Please comment. Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

Kaushal

Labels (1)
14 Replies
melnajim
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

That right
0 Kudos
Stephen_Adams
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I think there is still a need for a certification for advanced linux skills. I think the current landscape of linux certifications out there is a bit confusing to me as to where to go after entry level certs like RHCSA or Linux+ or LPIC-1 or SuSe Certified Admin.  For some reason Ubuntu, the most popular linux flavor has no certifications for professionals

I don't understand why RedHat Inc made this move. I mean they replace Ansible Automation while taking away their singular advanced linux skills certification before getting into specialties. Now it feels like people go from an entry level cert and go straight into specialties. Also, even though the current RHCE is 98% about Ansible, why are there three additional ansible certifications out there??

Advanced Automation Best Practices
Ansible Network Automation
Developing Automation Ansible

Job postings on the market still think that people with RHCE are really good at RHEL when most employers don't know that recent people with RHCE are entry level RHEL people that are Ansible nerds.

Now I feel like if I want to tell employers that I'm really good at RHEL, I need my RHCSA as well as ~2 of the specialty certs from the RCA>Linux Master

Armann
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Awesome answer, thank you. I'm learning a lot and rethinking my original post.

0 Kudos
melnajim
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

About exam rhce only on ansible this not good because employes need skill linux and ansible

melnajim
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I’m so sorry you’re wrong about this point this exam rhce should become old rhce this what we need. As code it’s not Linux experts
0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.