lauren
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer
  • 19.1K Views

Red Hat Academy Welcomes you to the RHLC!

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! As a Red Hat Academy community within the Red Hat Learning Community, let's get to know more about one another. Reply to this post with details about yourself, what school you are with, what RHA courses you are teaching/plan to teach, any skills you would like to develop, and a fun fact to share with your fellow RHLC and RHA community members! 

Labels (3)
63 Replies
dennisk
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Hi Benyamin,

Welcome to RHLC.

Dennis

benlimanto
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Thanks dennis! I'm exited to teach RHEL to my student!

0 Kudos

Good morning all,
I am very happy to join RHA, I'm co-founder of a School of computer engineers in France, École Héxagone (https://www.ecole-hexagone.com). The School has two campuses, one in Versailles (near Paris) and another in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia).
In the academic program, it's very important for us, that the students have lessons on Linux and more specifically on the Red Hat distribution. Internal assessments will be based on passing (and obtaining!) Red Hat certifications, to make it easier for our students to find internships and jobs.
See you soon !

Président of École Héxagone - High school of computer engineers,
Président of Learning Studio - Online training center.
Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Welcome 

@Sébastien wrote:

Good morning all,
I am very happy to join RHA, I'm co-founder of a School of computer engineers in France, École Héxagone (https://www.ecole-hexagone.com). The School has two campuses, one in Versailles (near Paris) and another in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia).
In the academic program, it's very important for us, that the students have lessons on Linux and more specifically on the Red Hat distribution. Internal assessments will be based on passing (and obtaining!) Red Hat certifications, to make it easier for our students to find internships and jobs.
See you soon !

Trevor "Red Hat Evangelist" Chandler
Trevor
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Welcome Sebastien,

If your students obtain the RHCSA, I have no doubt that they will have a better chance at securing internships.  For those that are aggressive enough to chase the RHCE, they just may bypass the internship, and go right on to permanent employment.

Love what you're attempting to achieve.  Welcome to the community!

Trevor "Red Hat Evangelist" Chandler
0 Kudos
benlimanto
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Welcome to RH Academy, Nice to see you sir!

0 Kudos
Berkah
Cadet
Cadet

Hello All!

My name is Berkah I. Santoso and I am IT instructor at Bakrie University in Jakarta Greater Area, Indonesia. About a year ago I recognized that Red Hat Linux needed its own separate training (outside of just a general OS course). This past year I met an instructor Mr. Subham at Multimatics who was delivering RHA materials to teach RH124 and RH134. Thankfully there were Red Hat reperesentives at the training event who got me started, Thanks for Mr David Wijaya and Mr. Shirish V Pandey. 

In previous semester, I taught "Advanced Enterprise Operating System" course that uses RH124 and RH134 as the primary learning materials. And today is the Certification Exam of RH124 for my students. Hope that every student may pass the exam :)

Instructor, Bakrie University
benlimanto
Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

Welcome to the RHLC RHA Family Mr. Berkah!

Salam dari Indonesia!

Berkah
Cadet
Cadet

Thanks Mas Benjamin Limanto, 

Salam dari Jakarta, Indonesia juga Mas.. sayang tahun ini RHSummit nggak bisa kopdar ya, next session lah.. :)

Instructor, Bakrie University
0 Kudos
mspatil
Cadet
Cadet

Howdy All !

I am Prof Mayur Patil, Assistant Professor at MIT Academy of Engineering, Pune, India. 

About me:  I am very passionate about system area. Linux like Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Fedora, I am using from last 10+ years. I am also working on distributed storage and file systems like Ceph, GlusterFS, Hadoop.  The thing about me is despite academician, I gave talk in developer conferences like Fudcon 2015, GNUnify 2014,15,16,17 about Linux Kernel Compilation. Also, I am an official contributor to Mozilla Firefox.

Teaching:  In the past, I taught Operating System Design. You know Maurich Bach !

About RHA: I am SPoC for RHA in my college, only this year we have started RHA. So, we are in the phase of establishment.  So, I am planning to teach RHCSA, RHCE and Ceph in upcoming years. I also want to develop my expertise as Administrator and Ceph FS contributor.

Fun fact:  Generally, I play soundtracks from Matrix during my class to make students work enthusiastically. Of course, other professors get annoyed easily ;)

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.