Re: Introduce yourself to the Community

Hello All,

My name is Jerel, I am currently a student studying Network Management/Administration. My schooling is based out of Fayetteville, NC at the community college level. My primary focus is more set on getting certifications to enter the IT field, but continuing my education at a local 4 year state schools is definitely an option on the table. My exposure to Linux is rather limited to tinkering around with Ubuntu and other gnome like distrobutions. My instructor is very knowledgable with Linux and security. I hope to learn a lot from continuing his courses and learning as much as I can before entering the workforce. 

0 Kudos

Hey how are you all? My name is Jordan Brown and I am a student at FTCC studying Information and System security analysis. I cant wait to see how resourceful this site will be for my future assignments and job field.

0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Darin McDonald and I am a Programming major student at Fayetteville Tech Community College! 

My life term goal is to create video games and I also want to become a great programmer to help me reach that goal

0 Kudos

Good evening, I'm Martial for friends. I am a student at the Fayeville technical community college and I have basic knowledge in this field. I would like to improve his knowledge.

0 Kudos
Cadet
Cadet

What up. I'm new to Linux Open Source and am currently learning about the Red Hat flavor.  I've been working  in IT as a Network Administrator for about 6 years, and am always looking for ways to broaden my horizons in the IT scope in general.  I live in the U.S. and  look forward to staying on the tip of innovation and up with market trends! This seems to be a forum where I can indulge in all of that!

0 Kudos
Cadet
Cadet

Hello everyone,

My name is April. I am pursuing a degree in Network Management at Fayetteville Technical Community College. I worked in the medical field for ten years doing various jobs. My last job was for a lab company as a client service representative. The medical field was enjoyable but I realized that I wanted to shift my focus to IT. I have always had an interest in the IT field and enjoy learning the in's and out's of a computer. I enjoy taking computers apart and looking at all the components that make it operate. Operating systems was not something I had much experience with until pursuing this degree. I look forward to reinforcing my natural curiosity and technical prowess with professional education to help organizations reach their strategic goals.  My goal is to represent the line in the sand to any company's network.

0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm Tom. 

I live in NC where I am a second year student at a community college.

I'm retired military and chose Network Management as a second career.

I really enjoy working with Redhat (and Centos) and plan on becoming very proficient over the next year.

0 Kudos

Hello everyone. I feel pretty intimidated by a lot of the folks certifications/designations and engineering backgrounds but here we go. . .

I'm currently a student, living in North Carolina. I have a semester left before I obtain my CIT with a concentration in Network Mgmt. I'm currently taking a RedHat Sys Admin course and enjoying it (more than my Python Programming class, tbh). For the first part of my professional/work existence, I was an admin assistant and in sales; corporate group sales manager for a hotel and a variety of admin assistant jobs prior to that. 

I've got years of IT experience under my belt assisting with website redesigns, data migration, hardware/software implementation and deployment but those were all as an admin assistant. Along the way, I realized that being an assistant only got me to a certain point up the ladder, and while sales can be lucrative--I wasn't passionate about "selling" and I'm not aggressive either. 

What I'm passionate about is helping people become more productive. I want to make sure the tools they require to get a job done, works, and to offer them solutions on how to obtain information quickly and how to work efficiently and effectively. 

Anyway, I'll find my niche soon enough. . .I'm excited for this next chapter in my professional life. 

0 Kudos
Cadet
Cadet

Hello! My name is Gavin Stec and I'm a Junior-year cybersecurity student at DePaul University - and a newly selected Red Hat Student Ambassador. I am originally from Rockford, IL and recently permanently relocated to Chicago, IL to pursue education and professional experience.

As a student at DePaul University, I have maintained a 4.0 GPA, held a leadership position on DePaul's highly competitive cybersecuity club, the Security Daemons, and have studied application, network and host based security quite significantly both in and out of the classroom. My professional experience is largely in software microservice development and application security implementation. Ultimately, I spend a significant amount of my time on application development, Linux and Windows Server administration and cybersecurity competitions.

I hope, through an association with Red Hat, I can bring unique exposure to Red Hat's exceptional development technologies, such as OpenShift and RHEL, and learn about and advocate for secure methods of containerized application development. I am quite excited for this opportunity to work with Red Hat and I hope to bring incredible mutual benefit for both Red Hat and my peers at DePaul University.

Gavin

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone, my name is Brandon Carlton-Hanks and I'm 20 years old. I'm in college majoring in computer science, this website looks interesting and I look forward to seeing what this website can do to help me learn more about programming and for the future.

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.