Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 114K Views

Introduce yourself to the Community

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! As we build a diverse community dedicated to collaborative, open source learning, let's get to know more about each other. Reply to this post with details about yourself, your background,  the skills you want to develop (or have developed ), career stories, favorite Red Hat courses, fun facts and anything else you may want to share with your fellow RHLC community members! 

This question is part of the 100K Member Contest - don't forget to kudo the original contest post to be entered. 

--
Deanna
518 Replies

Good evening everyone

This is my second semester taking Information Technology classes at Fayetteville Community College.  I am majoring in IT Support, the reason I choose this particular program I will be exposed to all aspects of IT.  I spent 20 years in the U.S Army, and worked in the logistical field.  The reason why chose IT, everything is going to technology from transportation, to checkout at the grocery store. I am looking forward to learning about read hat, getting my certification down the road.

0 Kudos

Hello. I'm Kevin Coleman, and I'm a second-year Computer Programming & Development student at Fayetteville Technical Community College in Fayetteville, NC. I also have a Bachelor of Science degree in Mass Media Production from North Carolina A&T State University. I have previously worked with Fedora, so I hope that experience will help with learning how to work with Red Hat Linux. I am excited to learn new skills to help me develop my career in IT.

0 Kudos

Hello Red Hat community! I am new to the community. I am working on general education and I'm trying different classes to see what I like more. So far I'm a little nervous about NOS-120:Linux/UNIX Single User class but I am up for the challenge. I honstly don't know the skills this class offer yet but I want to learn everything.  Fun fact about me... I can flip my eyelids inside out. 

0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Alex, I'm 18 and I am a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College. I was born in Riverside, California and recently moved to Fayetteville, NC in August of 2019. I am currently in my first year of pursuing my degree in Systems Security Analysis. I enjoyed wrestling in high school and I enjoy playing video games such as FIFA. I am excited to develop a skill set in school that I can later use to help others and expand my career. I can't wait to see my growth this year.

0 Kudos

My name is Daniel and I am in my second year of college. I am in computer programming, and have learned about python and Java. 

0 Kudos
AlexBN
Cadet
Cadet

Alex

I'm a relaxed person but I get the things done when its needs to be completed. I'm not a computer nerd like some other people but I do know somewhat about computers. I know some programming. I don't everything aboout networking but I know the basic things. All I want to do is learn eveything I can and use it and share it with other people.

0 Kudos
JonDutton
Cadet
Cadet

Hello everyone I am a currently a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College and my degree path is Information Technology Management. I served in the Army for over 11 years in communication field. Mostly during this time I worked with tactical networks and radio communications. Which is a good start to the IT field but I am looking to learning more in really every aspect. This is my first time using Red Hat Learning Center. Fun fact about me I remodel homes and own my own company.

0 Kudos

Hello my name is Treyvon I'm currently a student at Fayetteville Technical Community college. I'm new into the Redhat community and would like to make connections for the future. If your able to help me in my road to success, please leave your email, so I can ask for help when needed. The class I'm enrolled in is Rh124, also leave your email if you have any knowledge on this course.

0 Kudos
Ahmason
Cadet
Cadet

0 Kudos
exe_py
Cadet
Cadet

Greetings! My name is Nicolas. Currently, I'm a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College in North Carolina and I'm majoring in IT/Cybersecurity. I want to learn the skills necessary and get certified to become a cybersecurity engineer.  Some of the classes I'm taking right now include Operating Systems Concepts, RedHat Linux single user and Security.

A little background about me, I was born in Russia and I lived in the states for 15+ years!

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.