Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 41.6K Views

RHLC Think Tank

Thank you for being a member of the Red Hat Learning Community! As we aim to continuously build this collaborative learning environment, we welcome community backed ideas such as feature requests, platform enhancements, program initiatives and general feedback! 

To submit an idea, you can reply to this post and to support an already mentioned idea, reply to the idea or offer a kudo.

Valid Think Tank Contributions:

• Feature requests or ideas
  • Platform enhancements
  • Additional forum discussions
  • New training courses or offerings
  • General feedback

*Please refrain from contributing counter productive content and attempt to provide constructive criticism. 

Thank you!

Deanna 

--
Deanna
76 Replies
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DDo - thank you for the feedback! Do you mind attaching screenshots of where in the RHLC you have experienced this, and any other specifics that can enhance the user experience? This is valuable as we are building out our product roadmap. Thanks!

--
Deanna
0 Kudos
Susan
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

When I post a new question (like now) I have a lot more editing and formatting options. For example right now I see font, size, and color drop downs as well as strikethrough.

But when I reply to a post or "join the discussion" I only see a subset of those options. I have some bold and underline and can insert a link and a photo but I do not have the strikethrough or font or size or color options.

Most disturbing though is that I also do not have the spell check option in a reply. It is available in a new question.

I am using the "Rich Text" view as I compose.

Is it just me?  Is there a reason to have less formatting options for a reply?  Can we at least have spell check everywhere?

-Susan

Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Susan Thank you for bringing attention to this, it looks like the fewer editing options (including spellcheck) are resulting from a "Quick Reply" feature we currently have enabled. We will revisit the reply experience and see if we can enable more options here - thank you! 

Do you have any other recommendations for the user experience when replying to a post, or joining a conversation? 

--
Deanna
0 Kudos
radhefa7
Cadet
Cadet

Hi
0 Kudos
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Like this post if you would use the community more for open source learning if we had a mobile app

--
Deanna
ricardodacosta

You mean, give kudos ;-)
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes :) @ricardodacosta 

--
Deanna
0 Kudos
tat
Flight Engineer Flight Engineer
Flight Engineer

I would rather enjoy not having yet-another App but a fully functional mobile version of the web page.
It is already quite good but for example private messages on your own profile are only accessible via the "Desktop version" rendering of the RHLC webpage.
best regards,
Alexander
littlebigfab
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hi @Deanna,

I'd love to see more badges such as the RHCP one, ideally one additional badge for each Red Hat exam passed (even just the exam code, like EX407). If it is not possible to associate more than one badge to one's profile, then you should at least add RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA, RHCA II, RHCA III and so on ;)

Those badges should be dynamically retrieved from one's RHCP certification number. My RHCP badge request has been in the pending state for weeks :(

Best!

littlebigfab
Starfighter Starfighter
Starfighter

Hi @Deanna,

One more : each RHLS training (/version ?) should have a dedicated thread initiated by the course's authors, similarly to what was done for the Red Hat Summit Power Trainings.

This would let anyone report bugs, typos and/or just ask questions without polluting the rest of the board (as I do ! :D ).

Best!

0 Kudos
Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.