you have to be careful about that one (Evotor HD 720P). Looks there are different versions out there:
In the Manual it says it works with Linux ;o(
I tried that one:
Unfortunately it is not working on:
- MacBook Pro, 15'', Early 2011, OS X High Sierra (tried directly on USB-Port and with USB-Dongle (USB 3.0 UGreen)
UPDATE: only my internal camera was active whatever I did (attaching externa cam directly to usb or usb dongle
=> You can easily find out on the compability test on the third (i think?) page, through:
1. the green light next to the internal cam being active.
2. trying to cover the lense of the internal cam or external cam to see what reacs
- Lenovo ThinkPad T520, tried with above USB-Dongle.
UPDATE: tried attaching the cam directly to the usb-port of Lenovo ThinkPad 520 and that WORKED !
Talked to Redhat Remote Exam Support and the recommendation was, to always attach
devices directly to the USB instead of through a USB Dongle.
(which is now the case for my upcoming exam)
-> Although card reader worked fine as well through usb-dongle (UGreen USB 3.0)
I would not recommend the EIVOTOR Webcam 720P either.
Mine also has no autofocus and it is a real hazzle, because you have identify yourself
with your id-card at the beginning of the exam, and it is either really small or if you put your id nearer to the lens it is blurry.
That's the one I used:
I took remote exam in october 5th.
I used below item.
- Web Camera - DEPSTECH D04-JP - no issues at all
I just took my remote exam today (27 Oct 2020) and the below wide angle autofucos webcam is acceptable to the proctor.
I used a Dell latitude 7490 + WD15 USB dock with an external keyboard, mouse and 24" monitor.
I was using USB camera Logitech C922 (PRO HD Stream Webcam 1080p , angle 78deg).
Camera passed all the tests. Also camera's microfon passed the tests without any issues.
USB cable is long enough. Camera has a small tripod, but I did not need that during exam.
I used it together with my old MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015 - OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan).
I used webcam SEMBIKO FULL HD WEBCAM and USB HUB Anker Ultra slim 4 port in 1st December. Webcam passed the compatibility test.
I used it with Dell Vostro 15 3581.
My setup used for a remote exam on Dec 31th 2020, without issues, all compatibility tests passed:
* Lenovo T460P notebook (14 inch WQHD, i7, 32GB RAM)
* Logitech B910 HD Webcam (HD 720p video 30fps, 78-degree angle, dual microphone, autofocus). Had to disable built-in webcam in bios in advance (to use the external webcam)
* Lenovo wired usb mouse
* wired lan connection
* Kingston DataTraveler SE9 16GB Aluminium usb-key with latest RH exam iso, downloaded from https://static.redhat.com/downloads/training-certification/rhrexboot.iso (585cb364da1ae2fae94e22e07913316e rhrexboot.iso)