The Red Hat Training and Certification team released the latest version of the Red Hat Learning Subscription (RHLS) on November 7, 2019. This change affects all tiers of RHLS available - standard, basic, developer, enterprise, and the free trial. This major release provides an improved learning experience for users, and creates a foundation for consistent, iterative improvements for learners and enterprises. The Red Hat Learning Subscription is a premiere way to train and grow a career with Red Hat technologies.
- Expert chat - Standard users can now chat directly with content support experts in real time, in order to solve challenges with course and lab materials.
- Catalog filters - Search functionality combined with new filters, allow you to target the right content for your learning journey.
- My progress - You can quickly resume the course and version you have in progress, directly from your home page. The most recent courses will be at the top so you do not need to search the catalog each time you want to resume your training.
- My learning paths - You can view the progress of your enrolled learning paths directly from your home page. Expanding the learning path will give you a view into where you are in the journey, as well as give quick access to resume any course.
- Featured updates - The latest updates to the learning subscription will be posted to the learner's homepage. New courses, features, programs, content, and subscription updates will be positioned front and center for all returning subscribers.
- Single page application - The learning subscription is now a single page application, bringing instant access to course content. You will be able to toggle between courses with ease and efficiency.
- Reports - All users will have access to see a report on their course consumption, and lab usage. In addition, standard users will be able to see the status of their exams.
- Exams - Exams are available to be scheduled by standard subscribers. You can see exams in the flow of the learning paths, and viewing the exam will reveal all of its details. If you have available exams vouchers, you can link to the exam scheduler to set up a date and time for your exam, as well as see your exam’s status.
- Learning Paths - All learning subscription users will now have access to learning paths. Learning paths provide a roadmap of courses and exams that lead towards Red Hat Certification. Standard and developer subscribers will be able to schedule exams, while basic subscribers will not.
- Search - Users can search within the course catalog, the learning paths catalog, or within Online Learning course content, all selectable from the search bar.
There are known issues that are being actively worked on and fixes will be coming soon.
- Spanish translations for VC courses - Not currently playing when switched from English
- Lab hour reporting- Hours are shown in the report and on the home page, but they are not 100% accurate at this time.
We will continue to update these Release Notes with the set of fixes in each release.