Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deanna
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 108K Views

Introduce yourself to the Community

Welcome to the Red Hat Learning Community! As we build a diverse community dedicated to collaborative, open source learning, let's get to know more about each other. Reply to this post with details about yourself, your background,  the skills you want to develop (or have developed ), career stories, favorite Red Hat courses, fun facts and anything else you may want to share with your fellow RHLC community members! 

This question is part of the 100K Member Contest - don't forget to kudo the original contest post to be entered. 

--
Deanna
518 Replies
VanHoofa
Cadet
Cadet

Hi, my name is Alex and I am currently a student at Fayetteville Technical Community College. I have been working with Linux now for at least a year and a half, and plan to learn more everyday to help my future.

My family is originally from southern France, but I’ve spent most of my life in North Carolina. On my spare time I love to mess around with computers, and build model dioramas. Here is one of my recent project for my grandfathers birthday!

20191010_071818.jpg

I’m always willing to learn new stuff, and work with others, so If you have any information I’m all ears!

Asterisk
Cadet
Cadet

Hello all

I am year one student at FTCC in the Systems Security and Analysis program. We have been touching on the basics of Linux and it has been very enjoyable so far. Linux was a bit imposing at first having not used it much. I’m excited to move forward using Linux and seeing what I can do in it as it is rather enjoyable to use.

Good Morning,

I am Richard K. Ostrander, a retired veteran.  I am currently a student majoring in Security Analysis at Fayetteville Technical Community College.  I have a BS in Sociology from Campbell University.  I am looking to reboot to a second career in the IT community.  I have always found Red Hat Linux to be a very interesting and dynamic endeavor with at the time the radical idea of sharing an open source OS which turned out to be genius which I would like to persue.

DjSteve79
Cadet
Cadet

Good evening,  My name is Steve and I am currently a network management student at a local community college in NC.  For me, the Red HAt program has been a bit of a challenge but I am starting to get it and am rather enjoying it. I work in the Copier industry and do most of the networking and connectivity for our company so this course has been a lot of help. as far as future plans we will just have to see. 

croelj
Cadet
Cadet

Howdy everyone, my name is Josiah and I am another one of the Fayetteville Technical Community College students joining here. After being exposed to and learning about Red Hat Linux and Linux in general I plan to continue learning and pursuing the certifications offered for Linux. Looking forward to the folks I meet along the way as we do our best to help each other along.

johnsonc
Cadet
Cadet

Hello I am new to this community and I just wanted to give a brief introduction of myself. I am currently studying for an Associate degree in PC Support and Services. I highly recommened a computer degree or at least trying one if they are unsure of what they want to do or what degree they want to get. I have enjoyed my Linux RedHat I have taken.

Smithp
Cadet
Cadet

Hello to all,

I’m a student in what I feel is an awesome college. I’m currently studying cybersecurity and network management. Learning about the different system devices which control networks and how to keep them secure has been very exciting. I have no experience with Linux but I’m currently learning the basics and will continue to increase my understanding of Linux through education and experience. My future plans will involve the management of networked systems. If you were wondering about my awesome college? I attend Fayetteville Technical Community College located in Fayetteville, NC.

Hello,

My name is Kandice Brown.   I currrently reside in Fayetteville, NC.  I am new to the Redhat community, but I am enjoying the ride so far! 

Hello, my name is Brandon and I look forward to using this resource in my future learning endeavors.

qe3683
Cadet
Cadet

Introduction 

My name is Qua, directed to this site through NOS 120 for programming and development. This is my first semester as an IT student at Fayetteville Technical, so I'm hoping to gain experience to design a program of my own as well as helping others fixing the issues that occur. 

Join the discussion
You must log in to join this conversation.